10 Warning Signs Your Furnace Needs Maintenance
There’s an occasional nip in the air, days are getting shorter, and there is no denying winter is on the way. While we may not be headed for arctic conditions, nighttime temperatures will soon be dropping into the 40s, and that is not cozy if your heating malfunctions.
Because our Northern California climate is relatively mild, we tend to forget to check our heating systems for warnings that they need attention. Knowing the warning signs and getting your system repaired now can save you money and discomfort later.
Do you know the warning signs?
- Your furnace has trouble starting
- Your furnace is slow to heat up
- The furnace shuts off before it should
- Your gas or electric bills have jumped, and you haven’t changed any settings.
- The furnace roars or makes strange new sounds
- Airflow is inconsistent from room to room
- Very little air seems to be coming from the vents
- Streaks of soot have appeared around the furnace and vents
- Family sickness (unexplainable headaches, disorientation, or flu-like symptoms—these could be signs of a carbon monoxide leak that has been going on, slowly, undetected)
- Frequent dust buildup
If you have noticed 3 or more of these warning signs, it’s time to call NorCal Mechanical and schedule an assessment visit to determine the health of your furnace.
Don’t ignore the signals your furnace is sending you. A tune-up and small repairs are far less costly than replacing a furnace that has been neglected. Furnaces tend to go haywire just when we need them the most. A little vigilance now may save you a lot of hassle and money later in the winter.
Call us today to connect with a member of our professional and knowledgeable staff at Nor Cal Mechanical. We take pride in finding the solution that best serves you and your family.
P.O. Box 20716
San Jose, CA 95160
Business Hours: 8 am to 5 pm Monday-Friday
24-Hour Emergency Service